Payments made via the Access Bank Internet Banking platform require an OTP. The OTP can only be generated from “Entrust Identity”, a third-party authenticator platform used by Access Bank. Entrust Identity works on iOS and Android phones. The Entrust Identity app can be downloaded on respective mobile app stores.
How to activate Entrust Identity
To activate the Entrust Identity app, the account holder has to:
- visit the bank to fill out a soft token request form
- download the Entrust Identity app from Apple's AppStore or Google PlayStore
- await a call from a bank activation agent
💡 The call from the bank agent can take time - sometimes over a working day.
But the account holder can also call the agent: 01 280 2500
The bank activation agent will call the account holder at an unspecified time and walk them through the process. The process usually involves:
- Account holder verification: The bank agent will ask questions to determine whether the account holder is indeed the person on the call.
- These questions can include:
- What is your Account Number?
- What is your Date of Birth?
- What is the address on the account?
- What is your email address?
- Specify your last 3 (recent) transactions.
- Specify the branch where the account was opened.
- Activation: Once the account holder verification is complete, the bank agent will then guide the account holder through the codes required to enroll for Entrust Identity use with Access Bank. Activation is complete when the first OTP is generated by the Entrust Identity app.
How to get an Access Bank OTP from the Entrust Identity App
After the account holder enrolls their Access Bank profile on Entrust Identity, they can:
- Login to their Access Bank internet banking portal
- Opt to make a payment. At this point, the portal will ask them to enter their token
- Open their Entrust Identity app and pick the “access token”
- Note: The tokens are always rolling—meaning, they expire and regenerate.